The terms of reference for the Strategy and School Improvement Committee are:
Terms of Reference 2017-2018
Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Ensure that the school has a clear vision, which is articulated in a specific written vision statement “SCPS Vision”.
- To make sure there is a strategy in place for achieving this vision.
- In partnership with the head teacher & Senior Leadership Team (SLT) identify and regularly review the significant strategic challenges of the academic year.
- To monitor progress in realising the school’s vision and meeting the “significant strategic challenges” identified. The details of such will be contained in the School Improvement Plan (SIP).
- To analyse and review the performance of the school against national and local indicators, and to advise the governing body on any strategically significant findings as well as actions required.
- To oversee promotion of the school externally through selected channels and through local media and organisations.
- To oversee the creation and administration of the school’s annual Parent Survey & Pupil Survey.
- Review and draw up an Action Plan to deal with any issues arising from the two surveys.
- Monitor engagement with the local community, aiming to ensure the school provides a consistent voice in any issues that may affect it in the future.
- To monitor the implementation of any action plan resulting from Ofsted inspection.
- Ensure all statutory duties are met.
- To monitor and review relevant policies, as delegated by the Full Governing Body from time to time.
- The Chair of Strategy (or designated substitute) will report back to meetings of the full governors.